‘First Report of Injury’ data…from your computer to the State’s computer!
In response to the decision by many States to eliminate the transmittal and handling of ‘First Report of Injury’ data on paper forms, Workers’ COMP-LINK developed IAIABC approved EDI Internet solutions to make it easy and foolproof to submit workers’ compensation data using a PC. Now you can submit your ‘First Report of Injury’ data directly from your computer to the State of your choice. Imagine eliminating the time to fill out paper forms, submitting them to the State, waiting for the State to respond and when they do your told that your submission is rejected because of an error. This can’t happen if your using the Workers’ COMP-LINK ‘First Report of Injury’ EDI solution. We automatically check your data while it’s entered and we identify all ‘low level’ editing problems so you can correct them before you submit to the State. You submit ‘good’ data only.
As soon as it’s sent to the State you receive an e-mail acknowledgement providing a submission tracking number, the date of submission and the time of submission. Even though we store the data for your recall, we provide you with the option of printing the completed ‘First Report of Injury’ form just the way it was sent to the State. We also provide you with a second acknowledgement from the State containing the date and time when your ‘First Report of Injury’ data was accepted by the State.
The whole process takes a few minutes and 24 hours later you get an acceptance acknowledgement from the State. The process is easy, fast and extremely affordable. No software to load, no start-up fees, no on-going maintenance fees and no charge for support. You provide the computer with Internet access and we take care of the rest.
What about sending your ‘First Report of Injury’ directly from your computer?
No Problem! We offer a Batch Processing solution which permits your computer to ‘speak’ to our computer and automatically transfer your ‘First Report of Injury’ data to us.
‘First Report of Injury’ - Features and Functions
· Internet Based
· Expedited Data Submission and Acknowledgement
· Length of FROI Form, Approximately 3 Pages – State Required Data Only
· FROI Form Pre-Populated With Carrier Specific Data to Reduce Data Entry Time and
· Ability to Populate Repetitive Data With a Single Stroke – Reduced Data Entry Time
· Unlimited Number of Data Entry Stations per Carrier
· Monthly Carrier Data Submission Activity Log by District Offices and/or Affiliates
· Unique Carrier USER Name and PASSWORD(S) With Automatic Verification and
· Permanently Visible ‘HELP’ Screens
· Data Checked for Accuracy Prior to Submission to State
· ‘Over-the-Shoulder’ Monitoring and Editing (Low Level) During Data Entry
· Preparer Receives Date/Time Stamp on Completion and Submission of Data to State
· Preparer Receives Date/Time Stamp From State as Data is Accepted by State
· The Ability to Recall Any Prior Submitted FROI Submissions For Review, Correction and
Re-Submission or Filing
· Secured FROI Information Accessible by Carrier of Record at Any Time for Review
and/or Download via Internet Containing Data, Date/Time Stamps, etc.
· Fully Supported by Workers’ COMP-LINK and State’s Department of Workers’
If you would like more information or a demo of the Workers’ COMP-LINKâ ‘First Report of Injury’ EDI solution, send us an e-mail at,
or call us at, (937) 438-0158.